Greener Grass, Safer Lawns
Organic Fertilizer Service
Greener — and safer — grass without harsh synthetic fertilizers and chemical herbicides
Cool-season turfgrass requires more inputs than nature can provide, which is why we supplement with organic slow-release fertilizers. We custom blend our fertilizers with the proper nutrients but also include microbial and beneficial organisms, which are necessary to maintain a healthy soil life. We may apply a granular or a liquid to the lawn, depending on the needs of the soil and the time of the season we are in. Unlike a conventional fertilizer program that is dependent on water, organic fertilizers break down with active soil biology.
Benefits of Organic Lawn Fertilizers
- Organic fertilizer delivers nutrients to the soils of your lawn, creating a program that focuses on lawn health and not plant health.
- The organic matter stays in the soil and breaks down to help improve soil structure. Promoting a sustainable, healthy natural lawn for years to come.
- Organic fertilizer encourages the presence of beneficial microbes whose job it is to break down organic matter into chemicals that roots can absorb.
- Our fertilizers pose limited contact risks for our technicians, children and pets.
- Nutrients don’t run off or leach into the groundwater, causing harm to our natural waterways and aquifers.
Dangers of Traditional Chemical Fertilizers
- Of 30 commonly used lawn pesticides 13 are probable or possible carcinogens, 13 are linked with birth defects, 21 with reproductive effects, 15 with neurotoxicity, 26 with liver or kidney damage, 27 are sensitizers and/or irritants, and 11 have the potential to disrupt the endocrine (hormonal) system.
- Children ages 6-11 have higher levels of lawn chemicals in their blood than all other age categories.
- Of 30 commonly used lawn pesticides: 16 are toxic to birds, 24 are toxic to fish and aquatic organisms, and 11 are deadly to bees.
- Runoff from synthetic chemical fertilizers pollutes streams and lakes and causes algae blooms, depleted oxygen and damage to aquatic life.
Why You Should Make the Switch
- Every year millions of pounds of harmful, toxic pesticides are used across the United States on home lawns.
- According to the EPA, traditional lawn chemicals can put children and pets at risk.
- Healthy Organic lawns can help offset climate change by sequestering carbon dioxide.
- Organic lawns use less water.
- No leaching of chemicals into valuable drinking resources.
- Organic lawns are more stress tolerant.
Get a Digital Quote Today!
The Pure Solutions Organic Lawn Fertilizers Program
An important component of our organic lawn care services is our fertilizer service. To ensure a natural, healthy, lush green yard you can expect the following:
- We first conduct a soil test to structure our fertilizer program to meet the nutrient needs of your lawn.
- We apply our proprietary organic fertilizer up to 5 times each season. This includes a mix of both natural liquid fertilizer and organic granular fertilizer applications.
- These treatments are performed between April-November, as part of our organic lawn care services. We use fertilizers that are optimal for the time of year.
- After an application of our fertilizer, we recommend waiting an hour before recreating on the lawn/property, this gives the product time to fully settle.
- If possible it’s best to apply fertilizer after mowing
- Our natural organic lawn fertilizer will have low NPK (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium) numbers, always below 10.
- Watering recommendations click here
- We use commercial ride-on spreaders/sprayers that are accurate, efficient and speed up application time
- Our organic fertilizers perform incredibly well when combined with our organic compost topdressing
Differences in The Performance of Organic vs Traditional Lawn Fertilizers
Because most people have experience with traditional chemical fertilizers it is good to know how an organic fertilizer performs. Typically an organic fertilizer is a bit more expensive however, over time it requires much less maintenance, and most clients see some cost savings after a healthy natural green lawn is established. Organic fertilizer is not going to green your lawn in one week like some larger corporate chemical fertilizers claim their product does. Organic fertilizers take time to feed the soil and establish a healthy environment where your lawn can flourish. With patience and understanding, organic fertilizers will not only create a lush, green beautiful lawn but they will also give you peace of mind knowing you are no longer dumping toxic chemicals onto your property.