Greener Grass, Safer Lawns
Weed Control Services
Eliminate Weeds Today Naturally!
Is your lawn covered in crabgrass, white clover and dandelions? Are you looking for an alternative to the harsh, toxic products used in traditional lawn care? At Pure Solutions, our organic weed control service has been creating and maintaining beautiful, green, organic lawns for over 10 years.
As part of our Organic Lawn Care program, our weed control service is instrumental in cultivating a lush, all-natural lawn. Once established, routine maintenance on your lawn will protect against any future weed populations. Weeds grow rapidly in lawns that are starved of nutrients, creating a difficult environment for grass to establish itself. We work to remove weeds from your lawn then promote and assist in healthy, natural grass growth so weeds can not return. Our products utilize all organic herbicides, which are much safer to use around children, pets and the environment than traditional weed killing products.
Pure Solutions Weed Control Products
- Large crabgrass, a summer annual, is a member of the grass family. It is one of the most troublesome weeds in lawns. Crabgrass reproduces by seeds and tillering. A single plant is capable of producing 150 to 700 tillers and 150,000 seeds. Crabgrass plants are very adaptable to mowing height. Plants can produce seeds at mowing heights as low as 1/2-inch.
- Used to control smooth and hairy crabgrass in lawns and driveways.
- Botanical Oil Blend
- This is a blanket spray on all properties twice during the growing season. Two applications give the maximum coverage and control.
Organic Weed Management
- Effective on broadleaf weeds
- Botanical oil blend
- Fast acting, visible results within hours
- For use on grass and turf
- Selective-treats existing weeds, won’t harm grass
- Ideal for caring for your yard without harsh ingredient
Selective Spot Spraying Weed Control
- Liquid Selective & Post-Emergent organic herbicide that effectively and selectively kills broadleaf weeds in the lawn
- Visible results within hours
- Effective even in cool weather
- Works fast and weed control can be seen on the same day
- People and pets can enter the treated area when spray dries
- No unpleasant odor
- Rain-fast in 3 hour
- Used to control weeds in mulch beds, walkways, and complete kill areas to overseed lawns.
- Will not migrate through soil
Why You Should Make the Switch
- Every year millions of pounds of harmful, toxic pesticides are used across the United States on home lawns.
- According to the EPA, traditional lawn chemicals can put children and pets at risk.
- Healthy Organic lawns can help offset climate change by sequestering carbon dioxide.
- Organic lawns use less water.
- No leaching of chemicals into valuable drinking resources.
- Organic lawns are more stress tolerant.
Get a Digital Quote Today!
At Pure Solutions Weed Control is Simple.
We apply our pre-emergent weed control twice in the early spring. Pre-emergent weed control will help prevent undesired weeds in your lawn from growing. Timing is the most important aspect of weed control success. If you wait too long into the season and the weed is visible, then you are too late.
During the season Pure Solutions will continue to monitor your lawn and apply weed control each time we are at your property. We will strategically target areas for weed removal and then focus on those areas to promote healthy grass growth to fill in the affected areas.
Risks Associated with Traditional Weed Control
The research around traditional weed control products and chemicals is still developing however we believe that the science is beginning to show an increased cancer risk with some of the most popular weed killing products on the market. These products not only are dangerous to handle but also sit on your lawn and then come in contact with your family, friends and pets. Additionally, these chemicals seep into the groundwater and can run off into streams, rivers and sewers contaminating the environment. We believe these chemicals are creating unnecessary health risks for communities and should be avoided at all cost.
According to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute:
- Glyphosate is the most widely used herbicide in the United States. Found in popular weed killers, the chemical blocks enzymes that regulate plant growth.
- Its widespread use means that human exposure to glyphosate is common in water, food, and dust.
- The World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer determined that glyphosate is a “probable human carcinogenic”.
- 2,4-D is used to control plant growth and most often applied to prevent the growth of weeds. Chronic exposure to 2,4-D can be possibly carcinogenic, but the evidence is limited.
Pure Solutions offers best-in-class organic lawn care services, including lawn seeding services, organic lawn fertilizer service, lawn aeration service, grub prevention & control services, and our grass-growing compost spreading service. Pure Solutions also offers all natural tick control and mosquito control, special event pest spraying, botanical pest control products, natural deer repellent, and even commercial snow plowing. We proudly serve New England including Rhode Island, Central New Hampshire, Upper Valley and Massachusetts, including Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard.