Locally-Sourced, All Organic Ingredients
Organic Compost Topdressing
After years of traditional lawn care abuse, toxic fertilizers strip your lawns soil of vital nutrients. At Pure Solutions, our organic compost treatments returns the soil to its natural state and promotes an organically beautiful, green healthy yard.
What is organic topdressing?
Topdressing is the application of broadcasting a thin layer of soil over an existing lawn. Typically, applications range from ¼ inch to ½ inch of compost coverage.
The topdressing is worked into the soil by natural rainfall or by multiple irrigation cycles.
At Pure Solutions, we offer compost topdressing to our organic lawn care clients to help rejuvenate and feed the soil.
What benefits does composting provide?
Topdressing’s benefits are numerous as it is the foundation for our organic lawn care program.
Pure Solutions Topdressing will:
- Improve soil biology by adding organic matter and beneficial microorganisms found in compost.
- Improve soil structure and drainage by topdressing with sand or other compost materials.
- Smooth out bumps caused by wear and worm castings while also encouraging a dense, lush lawn.
- Reduces lawn stresses, helps keep thatch under control and acts as a long-term natural fertilizer.
- Conserve water by acting like a sponge and allowing your turf to hold more water, especially in dry months.
- Aid in the recovery from foot traffic. Lawn compaction starves the roots of your lawn of oxygen, water and nutrients. Organic compost ensures immediate nutrient availability and introduces microbes that help loosen compaction.
- Reduce incidences of disease by adding beneficial microbes and nutrients to the soil of your lawn, creating a stronger root system and a more durable healthy lawn.
- Create an optimal seedbed for fast generation. Warm soil with moderate day temperatures and cool evenings is best for new grass growth. Compost helps facilitate these conditions by retaining moisture around the seed needed for germination.
At Pure Solutions Organic Compost Topdressing is Simple.
We Source Local For All Our Compost Needs
Absolutely No Bio-solids
All Organic Ingredients
Regular Quality Testing
Why You Should Make the Switch
- Every year millions of pounds of harmful, toxic pesticides are used across the United States on home lawns.
- According to the EPA, traditional lawn chemicals can put children and pets at risk.
- Healthy Organic lawns can help offset climate change by sequestering carbon dioxide.
- Organic lawns use less water.
- No leaching of chemicals into valuable drinking resources.
- Organic lawns are more stress tolerant.
Get a Digital Quote Today!
Pure Solutions Compost Composition
At Pure Solutions, our compost is made from the appropriate ratios of wet and dry materials and is fully “cooked” (highly decomposed).
Our high-quality finished compost is dark and rich and contains a variety of organic materials with few types of fillers such as sawdust and loam.
We use only the highest grade leaf compost in our all natural lawn care program, which is certified organic. We have a strict policy that biosolids (human feces) are not allowed in our compost due to the heavy metals and possible leaching into waterways and the lack of long term testing on the effects to the environment and humans.
How We Top Dress a Lawn
Traditionally, topdressing is spread over the turf by the shovelful, using a sweeping motion aimed at spreading the material as evenly as possible to a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch. This is followed by lightly raking the lawn to ensure that the topdressing is evenly distributed.
Our organic lawn care top dressing program utilizes power spreaders that consist of a hopper to hold the material and a motorized belt to move the material to a spinning disc that spreads it throughout the lawn. This provides the best uniform application for our customers and their lawns.
It’s best to perform topdressing in conjunction with other cultural practices, such as aerating, dethatching, and overseeding.
We offer topdressing in the spring and fall during both seeding events. By utilizing both times of the year we give your lawn the nutritional and physical benefits of compost when it’s needed most.